The Chaplain, as a faith presence, committed to the values of Christ, and on behalf of the church and school communities, accompanies staff and pupils on the journey through life.
As Chaplain, I try to offer a ministry of pastoral care and inspirational teaching across the whole school community. It is a wonderful privilege to be invited to share in such work at The Leys and to have such a wonderful Chapel space to use as a centre for worship and spiritual nurture.”
- Pastoral: caring for the whole community.
- Liturgical: leading prayer, worship and the sacraments
- Spiritual: leading the broader spiritual life of the community.
- Missional: commending the Christian faith and supporting Christian faith groups.
- Inspirational: modelling and encouraging all that is good across the school.
- Pedagogic: contributing to the Divinity curriculum and supporting Christian discipleship.
My heart for the work is probably best summarised in the spirit of John Wesley’s prayer of 1733, “Let Thy Love to me be the pattern of my love to them.”
Rev Simon Coleman