Conferences & EventsSUB MENU
Great Hall at The Leys is one of the largest conference facilities in the centre of Cambridge, suitable for a wide range of events including conferences, seminars, meetings, presentations and exhibitions.
Great Hall is situated at the heart of The Leys' 50-acre city campus, within one of England's premier independent schools.
The Leys is centrally located, close to major road links including the M11 and A14, and is only a short walk or taxi from Cambridge train station.
Great Hall provides a dramatic setting, bringing together Theatre and Conferencing.
Great Hall's auditorium can seat up to 337 delegates and is complemented by a large, bright foyer which is ideal for exhibitions, registration, networking and catering. These main spaces are supplemented by five supporting venues, with capacities of 18-100 delegates, to suit a wide range of meetings and break-out activities.
Conference areas are fully accessible to all users, with lift access to all floors.
Complimentary Wi-Fi is offered throughout Great Hall.
Meeting rooms come equipped with notepads, pens, tent cards, water, cordial and sweets, as well as a stationery toolbox and Guest Information Pack.
A range of AV/IT equipment is available, with a dedicated technician on hand to ensure that all technical aspects run smoothly on the day. The theatre comes equipped with lectern, PA, projector, screen and laptop. Classrooms have interactive whiteboards, and additional equipment can be supplied as required (please enquire for price list).
Food and beverage is supplied by our in-house catering team. We offer a networking buffet lunch with a range of tasty and healthy options; as well as tea, coffee, juice, cakes, pastries and fruit options on arrival and at break times throughout the event. Fresh, healthy ingredients are sourced locally where possible, and we can accommodate most dietary requests.
Three inclusive lunch options are available. Please see below for price details and sample menus.
The purpose-designed facilities of Great Hall provide a flexible environment which can be tailored to meet specific requirements.
Great Hall is located within The Leys campus, where we have grounds available for team building activities. We also have our own Sports Centre on site, including swimming pool and gymnasium.
Although unable to offer accommodation or evening dining ourselves, we can work in partnership with local hotels and colleges to provide options to suit your delegates' needs and budget.
We can also arrange additional activities to enhance the experience when staying in Cambridge, such as traditional college dinners or chauffeured punting tours. We are just a few minutes walk from other Cambridge attractions including the Fitzwilliam Museum and University Botanic Gardens.
All lettings are fully supported by our in-house events team, with a wealth of experience in running theatrical and corporate events.
Please see the tabs below for more information, or read our Conference Brochure.
We are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service in a friendly, professional and flexible manner.
GREAT HALL CONFERENCE BROCHURE
Explore our meeting rooms and venues within Great Hall. Click each image for more information.
Great Hall is only available to external users during our school holiday periods. This ensures that we are able to offer exclusive and unrestricted use of our facilities. Please enquire to discuss available dates.
Day Delegate Rates
|Day Delegate Rate (Networking Lunch A)||£49 per person|
|Day Delegate Rate (Networking Lunch B)||£54 per person|
|Day Delegate Rate (Networking Lunch C)||£59 per person|
Subject to minimum number of 100 delegates. Prices valid until July 2018, inclusive of VAT.
|Full day||Half Day|
|Great Hall Theatre & Foyers (exclusive use)||£3,700||£1,862.50|
|Great Hall Auditorium (Stalls/Flat floor only)||£760||£400.50|
|John Harding Drama Centre|
(Classroom 1 & 2 + Sandy Woods Room)
Prices valid until July 2018, inclusive of VAT.
- Claire Payne, Director of Events & Domestic Services
- Tel: 01223 508660
Sample menus; subject to change.
Networking Lunch A
- Chicken and Pesto Wrap
- Mature Cheddar Cheese with Cos Lettuce and Red Onion Marmalade Wrap
- Honey Glazed Ham and Sun Blushed Tomato Sandwich
- Hummus and Char Grilled Vegetable Sandwich
- Sausage and Cranberry Roll
- Filo Wrapped King Prawn
- Smoked Haddock and Leek Quiche
- Tartlet of Roasted Peppers with Pesto
- Tortilla Crisps and 2 Dips
- Chocolate Brownie
- Fresh Fruit Platter
Networking Lunch B
- Roast British Beef with Salad and Horseradish Cream Wrap
- Feta, Char Grilled Vegetables and Rocket Wrap
- Chicken, Bacon and Chinese Leaf Sandwich
- Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Sandwich
- Avocado and Goats Cheese Sandwich
- Chicken Yakitori with Ginger Glazed Skewers
- Griddled Aubergine Rolled with Feta and Rocket
- Coconut Crumbed King Prawns
- Camembert and Roasted Vegetable Quiche
- Cheese Straws and 2 Dips
- Lemon Tart
- Tropical Fruit Kebabs with a Yoghurt and Mint Dip
Networking Lunch C
- Hoi Sin Duck with Spring Onions and Cucumber Wrap
- Salmon Watercress and Crème Fraiche Wrap
- Greek Feta, Rocket, Olive and Cherry Tomato Wrap
- Smoked Chicken and Guacamole Sandwich
- Crayfish Tails with Lemon and Roasted Pepper Sandwich
- Char Grilled Pepper, Avocado and Goats Cheese Sandwich
- Beef Steak and Stilton Rosti
- King Prawn Skewers with Chilli Dip
- Mini Breaded Salmon and Dill Fish Cakes
- Brie and Red Onion Quiche with Tomato Chutney
- Vegetarian Dim Sum
- Vegetable Crudités with 3 Dips
- Fruit Tarts
- Ginger and Vanilla Cheesecake