Barker HouseSUB MENU
Barker House is situated in the North B building up one flight of stairs. We share this building with the other two Day Houses. It was named after Mr W.A. Barker, a former Headmaster at the School from 1958 – 1975.
Co-educational Day House 13-18. 52 pupils - 34 boys, 18 girls.
Housemaster of Barker: Mr Nicholas Robinson
Matron (Day Houses): Ms Ellie Rugg-Gunn
House Tutors: Dr William Unsworth, Ms Lia Reyes, Mr David Nye
For more photos see the Barker House Flickr gallery.
Since its foundation in September 2005, the House has developed into a warm, friendly place where pupils are clearly very happy to be. Boys and girls mix freely as do the different year groups from Year 9 to the Upper 6th Form. There are just over 50 pupils in Barker House and it is pleasing how often pupils demonstrate how caring they are towards each other.
The facilities of the house include a common room, a work room, kitchen and changing rooms. There are also two Sixth Form common rooms in the 'North B' building. Each pupil has their own lockers to store both their books and their Games kit in.
Throughout the School, Barker plays an important role in sports teams, musical events, the many societies and drama productions, as well as on the academic front. We have many wonderful pupils who are often talented in several areas. There is a chance for all to make their mark and there is a real sense that all have something to feel proud about.
We compete in all areas in the School and have done very well on numerous occasions. We are a House that knows how to work hard, play hard and generally have a great time. Most importantly we know how to get the balance right.