Theatre & Concert VenueSUB MENU
At the heart of Great Hall is a professionally-equipped theatre in a stylish, modern, yet traditional Proscenium Arch format with intimate wrap-around circle balcony.
Adjustable acoustic measures allow the auditorium to work well for both drama and live music. The theatre incorporates professional technical infrastructure and backstage facilities, including 'ladder-free' access to high-level rigging positions over the stage and auditorium, motorised flying system, adjustable fore-stage elevators, large control room, dressing rooms and green room. We have also made a significant investment in modern LED stage lighting, which is provided in our 'Standard Rig'.
From £110 per hour / £550 per day / £550 per performance.
Our Bechstein concert grand piano is also available for music events in Great Hall for an additional charge. Please enquire for details.
- Flexible seating configurations, including retractable seating and adjustable fore-stage area (flat, stepped or thrust stage), to suit capacities from 129 to 337.
- Auditorium designed for acoustic performance, plus adjustable acoustic curtains to suit drama or music.
- Air-conditioned auditorium.
- Large, bright foyer spaces, including Stalls and Circle bar areas, and Box Office.
- Large backstage area, including vehicle 'get-in' dock, workshop, green room and 2 fully-accessible dressing rooms.
- Additional changing rooms for 100+ performers.
- 'Ladder-free' technical access to over-stage bridges and Tension Wire Grid over auditorium.
- Motorised flying bars for suspension of scenery and equipment.
- Spacious control room with ETC Ion lighting console and Allen & Heath GLD80 digital audio mixing console.
- Basic lighting rig and sound system available for concerts and smaller events.
- Inclusive lantern stock, including modern LED fixtures.
- Auditorium = 15.25m x 10m
- Stage = 16.7m x 8.55m
- Proscenium opening = 9.6m W x 5.6m H
Please see our Technical Specification for full details.