The Leys today reflects over a century of philanthropy and benefaction.
The Leys has never benefitted from an Endowment of any significance, and so we rely upon fee income and the generosity of Old Leysians and members of the wider Leysian community.
Visible reminders of the kindness and philanthropy of generations of Leysians and friends of the School surround us: The Chapel, the Library, the Rugg Centre, the Sports Centre and New Pavilion, the Music School and, most recently, the Combined Colleges Boathouse and the Great Hall.
From the early days of the School a proportion of pupils have benefited from such generosity where funds have been donated to finance scholarships, exhibitions and bursaries. For some, an education at The Leys would not have been possible without such support.
Rather than traditional ‘bricks and mortar’ projects, The Leys Development Office is now working to create a truly transformative bursary programme so that we can continue to inspire and challenge the most deserving pupils on means-tested bursaries to derive the benefits of a Leysian education.
Registered Charity Number: 1144035
We are extremely thankful for the generous support from the Leys supporters, whether that be through being a member of the newly created 1875 Society or through other philanthropic donations. Each donation ensures the possibility to continue to offer the brightest and most talented students the very special educational opportunities that the school has provided down the ages, including membership of a special community. The interdisciplinarity of The Leys encourages cross-fertilisation of ideas, and enhances learning as well as offering cultural, sporting and personal experiences that will last a lifetime.