The Leys

Our Special Location

SUB MENU

Cambridge is one of England’s most historic and cultural cities, and its university ranks amongst the best in the world.

It is also a centre of innovation and development, and has risen to be the UK’s leading technology and biotechnology cluster. This gives pupils at The Leys unparalleled opportunities to hear leading figures speak on matters from biotechnology to astronomy and cultural affairs.

Graduate students from the University also act as mentors to Sixth Form pupils who undertake Independent Research Projects. All of this is complemented by a lively calendar of local theatre and performance arts events. Cambridge is only 50 minutes away from the capital and there are a number of excursions to London each year.

HOW TO FIND US

Read about our links with the University of Cambridge and other local academic, business and cultural organisations:

Learning in Cambridge

See more of the City of Cambridge.

THE UNIVERSITY OF CAMBRIDGE

Founded in 1209, the mission of the University of Cambridge is to contribute to society through the pursuit of education, learning and research at the highest international levels of excellence.

To date, over 90 affiliates of the university have won the Nobel Prize.

The University comprises 31 autonomous colleges and 150 departments, faculties and institutions. It is a global university: its 19,000 student body includes 3,700 international students from 120 countries. Cambridge researchers collaborate with colleagues worldwide, and the university has established partnerships in Asia, Africa and America.

The Leys is located directly opposite the Department of Engineering and the Cambridge University Botanic Garden, and a short walk from other major university locations such as the University Chemical Laboratory, Judge Business School and the Fitzwilliam Museum. See map.

Images used within this website by kind permission of the Provost and Scholars of King’s College, Cambridge.

THE CAMBRIDGE PHENOMENON

The 'Cambridge Phenomenon' describes the incredible explosion of technology, life sciences and service companies that has occurred in the city since 1960. It has grown to be the UK’s leading technology cluster with a global reputation for innovation.

Set against the backdrop of the University of Cambridge, the cluster has evolved into one of the world's most enterprising networks of people and companies.

Check out some of the revolutionary innovations from Cambridge that are still changing the world.

50

acres of campus in the centre of Cambridge.

CONTACT US

AND DISCOVER THE LEYS FOR YOURSELF

Main Office

01223 508900

The Leys School

Cambridge

CB2 7AD

Directions