Support The LeysSUB MENU
The Leys School today reflects over a century of philanthropy and benefaction.
The Chapel, the Library, the Rugg Centre, the Sports Centre and New Pavilion, the Music School and, most recently, Great Hall are all visible reminders of the kindness and generosity of generations of Leysians and friends of the School.
From the early days of the School a proportion of pupils have benefited from funds generously donated to support scholarships, exhibitions and bursaries. For some, an education at The Leys would not have been possible without such support. The School is looking to further its bursary provision so we can continue to inspire and challenge the brightest pupils who would not otherwise be able to afford the benefits of a Leysian education.
- Bank: Svenska Handelsbanken AB (publ)
- Account Name: The Leys Development Office Account
- Account Number: 51894714
- Sort Code: 40-51-62
- Branch: Svenska Handelsbanken AB (publ) 3 Thomas More Square, London E1W 1WY
- SWIFT code: HANDGB22
- IBAN: GB72HAND40516251894714
You can choose to have your gift to The Leys deducted directly from your pre-tax salary. Full details of the GAYE Scheme can be found on The Charities Aid Foundation Website
The Charity number for The Leys is 1144035. It is an exempt charity.
SHARES, SECURITY, LAND AND PROPERTY
You can get income tax relief if you give, or sell at less than market value, any qualifying investments to a UK charity such as The Leys. Individuals can deduct the value of the qualifying investments and any transaction costs, at the date of disposal, when calculating their total income for income tax purposes. This is in addition to Capital Gains Tax relief for gifts of assets to charity.
Companies can get Corporation Tax relief for gifts to charity for the same types of investment. This is in addition to relief from Corporation Tax on capital gains on such gifts.
The following categories of investment qualify for the relief:
- shares and securities listed or dealt in on the UK Stock Exchange, including the Alternative Investment Market
- shares and securities listed or dealt in on recognised foreign stock exchanges
- units in an authorised unit trust (AUT)
- shares in a UK open-ended investment company (OEIC)
- holdings in certain foreign collective investment schemes - broadly, schemes established outside the UK equivalent to unit trusts and OEICs
- the whole of a beneficial interest in a qualifying interest in land and buildings
SUPPORT THE SCHOOL FROM THE USA
Donors living in the USA can make a tax-efficient gift to The Leys via the British Schools & Universities Foundation. When making a donation via BSUF, please express your recommendation that BSUF allocates your donation to The Leys.