How to Support The LeysSUB MENU
There are a variety of ways to support The Leys:
Download our Donation Form.
- Bank: Svenska Handelsbanken AB (publ)
- Account Name: The Leys Development Office Account
- Account Number: 51894714
- Sort Code: 40-51-62
- Branch: Svenska Handelsbanken AB (publ) 3 Thomas More Square, London E1W 1WY
- SWIFT code: HANDGB22
- IBAN: GB72HAND40516251894714
GIVE AS YOU EARN
You can choose to have your gift to The Leys deducted directly from your pre-tax salary. Read more about the Give As You Earn scheme on the Charities Aid Foundation website and ask your employer whether your organisation offers payroll giving.
The Charity number for The Leys is 1144035. It is an exempt charity.
SHARES, SECURITY, LAND AND PROPERTY
You can get income tax relief if you give, or sell at less than market value, any qualifying investments to a UK charity such as The Leys. Individuals can deduct the value of the qualifying investments and any transaction costs, at the date of disposal, when calculating their total income for income tax purposes. This is in addition to Capital Gains Tax relief for gifts of assets to charity.
Companies can get Corporation Tax relief for gifts to charity for the same types of investment. This is in addition to relief from Corporation Tax on capital gains on such gifts.
The following categories of investment qualify for the relief:
- shares and securities listed or dealt in on the UK Stock Exchange, including the Alternative Investment Market
- shares and securities listed or dealt in on recognised foreign stock exchanges
- units in an authorised unit trust (AUT)
- shares in a UK open-ended investment company (OEIC)
- holdings in certain foreign collective investment schemes - broadly, schemes established outside the UK equivalent to unit trusts and OEICs
- the whole of a beneficial interest in a qualifying interest in land and buildings
SUPPORT THE SCHOOL FROM THE USA
Donors living in the USA can make a tax-efficient gift to The Leys via the British Schools & Universities Foundation. When making a donation via BSUF, please express your recommendation that BSUF allocates your donation to The Leys.