The Leys & St Faith's FoundationSUB MENU
St. Faith’s was founded in 1884 to meet the educational needs of the children of Cambridge University Fellows. The Leys Governors acquired St Faith's Preparatory School in 1938 and established The Leys and St Faith's Charitable Foundation.
Each school operates autonomously with its own management team, Head, Committee of Governors, budget and individual identity, yet benefit from their close relationship. St. Faith’s is the largest co-educational prep school in Cambridge, with a school roll of 520 pupils. It offers education from 4-13.
St. Faith’s pupils make use of The Leys' playing fields at Latham Road for their Games lessons, as well as using the swimming pool at The Leys. There are also joint events such as the Foundation Service held in the Chapel, and St. Faith’s Summer Concert in Great Hall.
Pupils who progress from St. Faith’s to The Leys do so at the end of Year 8. There is no automatic entry to The Leys and all pupils must be registered to take The Leys' entrance exam. However, St. Faith’s pupils are offered the opportunity to take a Preliminary Assessment in Year 6. If they are successful, they are offered a Year 9 place which is held for them for two years. Pupils may also choose to sit the entrance exam in Year 8.